Nanotechnology, semiconductor fabrication and imaging facilities require an ultra-low noise and ultra-low vibration environment, otherwise research accuracy or production yield suffers. Noise can intrude from exterior vehicle or rail traffic, from internal occupants and research equipment, or from the large machinery and delivery systems required to support these facilities. Given the high stakes, these are some of our most challenging projects, calling on the following skills:
- Mechanical Systems noise control design & specification
- Acoustical Design for human, lab animal, and instrument performance
- Retrofit Design to support new processes and update toolsets
- Test and Measurement site surveys, performance validation, benchmarking
- Wireless Monitoring of construction impact on existing facilities & surrounding community
- Environmental Impact planning and noise mitigation strategies
Below are some of our projects addressing the ultra-low noise needs of labs, fabs and advanced imaging sites.